Friday, June 1, 2012

June 1: 12 months old

Isla had her 12 month check up today.  She weighed in at 19 lbs, 9 oz (28%) and she was 28.5 inches long (43%).  If anyone else like me is keeping tabs on both girls, Isla weighs 7 oz less and is 3/4 inch shorter than Audrey at this age.  I was shocked by this, because I would have guessed for sure that she was bigger.  Isla seems so chubby and big to us, but in comparison to all the other babies in the world, I guess she isn't all that huge!

The bad news from our appointment is that Isla has to go back to physical therapy for an evaluation.  The doctor was not concerned about her scooting or the fact that she is not crawling.  But she was concerned about her inability to pull up on things.  Our doctor tends to be overly cautious, so I'm hoping that we will just go to the evaluation and won't have to do any more.  Going to physical therapy isn't that big of a deal, but I'm tired of paying for it!  We just got our last bill for Isla's physical therapy in January,  and I really don't want to start getting more bills again.

Isla has seven teeth right now, four on top and three on bottom.  I keep waiting for that fourth bottom one to poke through, but so far it is staying put.

She is pretty much just taking two bottles a day now, one in the morning and one at night.  We are getting ready to transition to whole milk, and then we will work on getting rid of the bottle completely.  She is starting to get kind of picky about what she eats.  Well, at least with green vegetables.  She will eat just about anything, but put any kind of green vegetable on her plate and she won't touch it.
I mentioned above that she is still not crawling and she is not pulling up.  And really, she still doesn't roll over, even though I know she is physically capable of doing it. She is scooting EVERYWHERE, and she loves to walk holding your hands.  A few times we have seen her stand on her own for a second or two at a time, but she prefers to be holding on to something.  She cruises all around the furniture, and she can move back and forth between the coffee table and couches by herself.  She can also push her play stroller around, but she is still kind of shaky with that.
 If she is in the right mood, she can:
  • Say "Baa" when you ask her what a sheep says
  • Say "mama" and "dada" in the right context
  • Say "da" when she sees a doggie
  • Wave bye-bye
  •  Dance to music 
  •  Point to what she wants
I'm sure I could go on about her, but I have to go finish up her birthday party preparations!






0 comments:

Post a Comment