Friday, June 8, 2012

June 8: Wall Calendar

Sorry, the blog has been kind of lame this week.  We are going on vacation next week...so at least I should have some more interesting pictures to share soon!

For the past few months, I have been trying to figure out a cheap way to get a weekly wall calendar for our dining room.  Daniel has a hard time remembering what times I teach piano lessons each day, and it drives me crazy that he constantly has to ask.  I saw this idea on Pinterest that used a frame with multiple openings, and then you can write on it with a dry erase marker.

I found this frame on clearance at Target for 70% off, and it was the perfect price and the perfect frame for this project.  It's really nice to have not only my piano schedule but also all of our other activities, meetings and appointments posted in one visible place.
It was super easy to make. I just printed the days of the week on white cardstock and cut out the paper to fit the 4x6 openings.  Then I used a dry erase marker to write directly on the glass.  It is super to easy to wipe off and start over with a new week!  I do want to get an extra fine point dry erase marker, so that I can write smaller and neater.  Other than that, I love the idea, and it is a great system for us so far.








1 comments:

Tara Kieninger said...

I've been needing one of these too and have pinned a few similar things on Pinterest...this frame is perfect!

Post a Comment