Monday, June 18, 2012

June 18: Audrey's first VBS!

Tonight was the first night of our church's preschool VBS.  In the past, our preschoolers have always had VBS at the same time as the elementary.  This year we decided to break them up into two separate events, and I think it was a great idea.  This way the entire event could be structured just for preschoolers.
This was also Audrey's first time to participate in VBS.  I have to admit that I was a bit emotional about it.  It surprised me...but when I saw her singing and dancing in the pews with the other kids, she just seemed so grown up! 
Then she volunteered to go up on stage.  She got to go up and find the Orange Star (her group name) that was hidden on stage.  I was not in the room for this part, but Daniel recorded it.  She was so brave! 

Later in the night she got to go on stage again and participate in a puppet show.  She is such a big girl, and she had so much fun at her first VBS.

The idea behind Kid City is that the kids get to experience different parts of a city (home, park, grocery store, church) and while playing in these areas, they learn about how God is a part of their everyday life.  I was in charge of the grocery store, and I had a lot of fun putting it together.  I think it turned out pretty cute, because you know all the preschoolers really care about how cute it is!  =)











0 comments:

Post a Comment