Thursday, April 26, 2012

April 26: Aaaugh!!!

I have been a blogging slacker lately.  The title of this post sums up the reason why I have been absent. It's possible that I am losing my mind. I have been a single parent for the past 6 days.  Last Friday, I took the girls with me to my mom's house, and then Daniel left for a conference in Florida on Monday.  He gets home tomorrow night, which makes exactly 7 days of me being on my own with the girls.

Literally, I have spent every single waking moment with the girls for the past 6 days.  In a normal week, I usually have at least a few minutes/hours each day when I am away from the girls, whether teaching piano lessons or running an errand or doing a little something on my own.  But I have done nothing without them for the past week.  While I love that I am able to spend so much time with my children, I am truly drained right now.  I'm trying my best to be patient with them, but my patience just about gone.

I had a bit of a meltdown on the phone with Daniel this afternoon.   Audrey was being grumpy and clingy and I just wanted a little space and silence.  I was just so tense and frustrated and exhausted.  I called Daniel to vent my frustrations, and it was not pretty.  But I feel much better after being able to get all that out of my system.  Now I'm counting down the minutes until he gets home tomorrow night.  I'm ready to get back to normal life!

So, after I had my meltdown, I dried my tears and took the girls outside.  It was a beautiful day, and it was nice to play outside and take some pictures.  Taking pictures always makes me happy.  Here are a few favorites from today.
Then Lindsey, Simon and Elliot came over for dinner tonight, as their dad is with Daniel in Florida this week too.  It was nice to have company for dinner.  Lindsey and Simon had to go to a meeting, so Elliot stayed to play with us for a little while.   It's kind of hard to have a bad day when this cute little guy is around!  =)





0 comments:

Post a Comment