Saturday, April 14, 2012

April 14: 5K

The weather really could not have been more uncooperative this whole weekend. First the cold and yucky weather yesterday for the garage sale. Then, there was the cold, windy and very rainy weather for our church's Run with a Mission 5K this morning. The church hosted the race to raise money for some upcoming mission trips this summer. It rained the ENTIRE time, from set up to tear down. And it was cold. And windy. And very, very wet.

Despite the horrible weather, 75 runners showed up to run the race. One of those runners was Daniel! He finished in 15th place, an impressive finish for his first race, especially considering that he hasn't had a lot of time to train for the race.

I was there to help with the race (since I am going on one of the mission trips to Haiti this summer), and I was assigned to take pictures. Not too hard of a job, but it was made much more difficult in the rain. I was trying to hold an umbrella in one hand to keep the camera dry, and then take pictures with the other hand. Plus it was just really dark due to all the heavy clouds and rain, so there really wasn't much light for picture taking.

Then, I also had the girls with me (since Daniel was running the race). The plan was that they would hang out in the stroller and Audrey could run around and play with everyone, and we would all cheer on Daddy while he raced (and I took pictures). But then it jut kept raining, and I really didn't want to deal with having the girls in the cold rain all morning. So, I parked the van nearby, turned on a movie, and left them in their carseats. I took some pictures, then went back and checked on them, then took some pictures and went back and checked on them. They did a great job and were in good spirits every time I peeked in on them.

All of this happened before 9 am this morning! And by about noon, the rain stopped and the sun came out, and it turned into the most beautiful day. Where was all this beautiful weather hiding this morning and all day yesterday????




0 comments:

Post a Comment