Wednesday, March 28, 2012

March 28: Pantry Pictures (After)

I finally got my pantry organized! I was not able to purchase as much Tupperware as I would have liked, but I am happy with the few pieces that I did get.

Here is a reminder of the before picture:

And after:I have never actually organized my cabinets before. I clean them out occasionally, but I have never arranged them so that everything has a place of its own. I always just threw things in wherever I could find room. In this cabinet, I didn't actually throw away too much food. I just arranged everything in a more orderly fashion, and it was amazing how much more room we had.

Why didn't I do this sooner?? I actually finished this cabinet over a month ago, and it has looked exactly the same for the past month. Everything has a place, and when it is time to put something away, I know exactly where to put it.

This is especially handy with spices. With mine, I just arranged them by brand/size with the labels facing out. It is super easy to find what I want and put it back where it belongs. Except for one time recently when I forgot to put the thyme back in its place. It was missing for several days before I finally found it hiding behind the salt.
And here is the other cabinet before:

And after:In this one, I did throw away quite a few things. Plus it is nearing the end of our grocery week, so it is looking a little bare now. And we really just don't keep a lot of food in our house. I probably should have a bigger stockpile in case of emergencies, but it seems like we don't have much room for food storage. Now that our cabinets are nice and organized, I guess we have room for quite a bit more!

Up next...the refrigerator and freezer!




0 comments:

Post a Comment