Saturday, February 18, 2012

February 14: Magic Kingdom, part 3

After the parade, we went to Tomorrowland to ride the People Mover and the Buzz Lightyear ride. This probably wasn't the best idea for avoiding lines, as it seemed that everyone else had the same idea as us. We got a Fastpass for the Buzz Lightyear ride and planned to ride the People Mover while we waited for our Fastpass time.

But then Audrey fell asleep in her stroller, and it was about time for Isla to have a bottle. So we decided to find a spot in the shade instead and rest while Audrey slept and Isla ate.

After the girls were ready, we rode the Buzz Lightyear ride. Because it seemed to be a popular time for that ride, we still had to wait about 15 minutes with the Fastpass. But that was much better than waiting 45 minutes like everyone else. Audrey did not like the Buzz Lightyear ride. It was kind of jerky and loud, and she did not find it enjoyable. Isla did seem to like it though; she kept playing with my laser gun.
When we first arrived at the park, we got a Fastpass for the Mickey and princess character greetings. The guy who was working at the Fastpass station said that we did not have to return within the hour time frame on our ticket (which was between 9:50 and 10:50 am). He said we could just come back any time after 9:50, and the Fastpass would still be accepted. So we saved the character greetings for later in the day.

Getting a Fastpass was a great idea here. The lines were only about 15-20 minutes at the time we showed up, but we still got to cut in front of all those people. After waiting 45 minutes for Tinkerbell, I was happy to jump to the front of these lines. Audrey loves the characters, and she loved seeing Mickey, Minnie, Cinderella and Belle.
To end our day, Daniel's parents took us to a character dinner at the Crystal Palace with some Winnie the Pooh characters. Food and Disney characters...two of Audrey's favorite things, so we knew this would be a hit with her. Isla slept through most of the meal, but she woke up in time to eat some carrots and meet Winnie the Pooh.Our goal was to get out of the park before the fireworks started at 8 pm. We were all tired, plus Audrey hates fireworks. We thought we could beat the crowds if we left a little early. We ALMOST made it. We were in line at the bus stop when the fireworks started. We ended up seeing most of the show while in line and on the bus, with Audrey crying through most of it.

Whew! So that was our day at Magic Kingdom. Overall, it was just a great day. I think everyone had a good time. Isla was really cooperative, though I think she was kind of overstimulated by the whole day. (She didn't sleep well that night). I wanted to record all of this so that we will remember everything. It costs so much money to go to Disney; I feel like it makes the day last longer (and therefore be more worth the money) when we can go back and read about everything we did.

Next up...Hollywood Studios!


Post a Comment