Thursday, April 8, 2010

April 8

Since Daniel and I both play the piano, everyone seems to think that Audrey is destined to be a piano prodigy. I don't really know/care if that is true. It would be fun if Audrey was a good piano player, and I'm sure she will take piano lessons at some point in her life. But I don't have huge dreams of her being a concert pianist. If she likes the piano, great. If not, that's OK too.
With all of that said, Audrey really does like to play the piano right now. What toddler wouldn't love to bang on something that makes lots of loud noise?? Lately, she has been interested in playing with the piano books and the piano. She takes the books off the piano, opens them up, puts them back on the piano (usually with my help), plays a few notes (i.e. pounds on the keys), and then starts the process all over again. Or she will bring me piano books and want me to play out of each of them. Usually she will only let me play a measure or two before she is bringing me a new book to play.
So do we have a future pianist on our hands? Or just a toddler that likes to make a lot of noise? Time will tell!




0 comments:

Post a Comment