Monday, April 8, 2013

April 8: Warmer Weather, Finally!

Spring is finally here!  For the past few days, the temps have been in the 70s.  And I couldn't be happier!  I love, love, love warmer weather.  Did I mention I love it?

The girls also seem to love the warmer weather, and they both enjoy being able to play outside.

Audrey has finally mastered her Big Wheel tricycle.  When she first got it, her legs were too short for the pedals.  Then, once she was tall enough, she had a really hard time getting started with the pedaling, and she would just give up and scoot around with her feet.  She can now pedal herself around (really fast!) quite efficiently, and she has been having a blast driving up and down the little sidewalk in our backyard and in our driveway.

Isla is a little too short to be able to scoot around on any of our ride on toys by herself very quickly.  But she does think this car is pretty cool, especially when one of us pushes her around in it.
 Isla was not too happy when she put her hands in her car and got them wet though!  My girls are so prissy.

We went for a walk around our block this afternoon, and I let Audrey ride her trike.  She had so much fun.   So much more space to explore than our little backyard sidewalk!

 Well, it was fun, until we ran into sidewalks covered in gumballs.  (This picture was not posed.  It is just Audrey pouting in her finest fashion!)
But she eventually figured out how to lift her bike up over the gumballs and just keep going.  Isla had fun walking up and down the sidewalks too.
I am just so much happier now that the weather is warmer!  Except that it is supposed to get cold again this weekend.  That stinks, because I am having a garage sale this weekend.  The high on Friday is supposed to be 46, and I am going to be sitting outside all day.  Hopefully we will still have some garage salers brave enough to shop in the colder temps.

Also, Day 8 of the Money Saving Mom cleaning challenge was to vacuum and sweep all floors.  I didn't do all the floors, but I did vacuum two rooms.  So I think that counts for something!





0 comments:

Post a Comment