Friday, April 5, 2013

April 5: Cleaning Challenge Day 5

On Monday, I started to participate in the 30 Day Cleaning Challenge with Money Saving Mom.  On Wednesday, I stopped participating in the challenge.  Go me!  I made it through a whole two days (out of thirty!) before failing.

I am going to keep trying though.  For Day 5, the task is:  surface clean the kitchen and living room. 

When I first read that, I thought, "Wait a second, I just did that!"  Then I looked at my kitchen and living room and realized that they most definitely needed to be cleaned again.

Here's the kitchen before:
 And all cleaned up!
 And the living room...not looking too good:  (We definitely "live" in our living room.  We do everything in here, which is why it always looks like this!!)
 And all cleaned up!
I really need to mop the kitchen floor and vacuum the living room.  But at least everything got picked up today in these rooms, and the dishes are done.

Speaking of the living room, remember our mudroom bookshelf?  It is working out beautifully to hold our coats, shoes and junk.  I love it!  I'm a little sad because our new house has a coat closet, which I thought I wanted.  But this mudroom bookshelf has been working so well for us, I'm sad to see it go back to being just a plain old bookshelf.





0 comments:

Post a Comment