Thursday, February 21, 2013

February 21: Snow!

It snowed this afternoon!  Probably about four inches of snow or so, and now there is some sort of sleet/freezing rain coming down.

I'm not a huge fan of snow, but there is something exciting about watching the snow as it first falls to the ground.  There were some huge snowflakes this afternoon!  It was fun to get Isla up from her nap and show her the snow outside.  She wanted to go to all the windows and doors in the house and look outside at the snow.

I have watched with guilt as many of my friends have posted pictures of their kids playing in the snow today.  My kids did not play in the snow.  Isla was sleeping, then I was fixing dinner, and then it was dark.  So I had good excuses!  And honestly, the idea of playing in the cold, wet snow is just miserable to me.  I told Audrey we would go out and play in the snow tomorrow (conveniently, when Daniel is off work!). 

My idea of fun on a snowy day is to put on PJ's and find things to keep us warm and cozy.  I had my sweats on by 3:00 today!  Then I made homemade chicken noodle soup and homemade bread for dinner.  We also had snow ice cream for dessert.

Now, Daniel and I are getting ready to watch a movie while snuggled under warm blankets.  Maybe with some hot chocolate too!




0 comments:

Post a Comment