Wednesday, January 30, 2013

January 30: Restaurant Play

One of Audrey's favorite pretend games (besides playing school) is playing restaurant.  I made her a picture  menu the other day that she could use for her restaurant.  It was beautiful, as I am such a great artist!  =)  Audrey could actually figure out what most of these things were, which was impressive.

 While we were playing today, I decided that I could make a menu that looked a little better for her. 
  This didn't take long to make, and it was a fun project for me!

Inside, I put pictures of some of the play food items that we have.  Each item costs $1, and I made some play $1 bills out of construction paper.  So now we can have a little math lesson while we play.
 
I also made these little papers that Audrey could use to take orders.  Today, I would tell her what I wanted to order, and she would try to figure out what was the first letter of each item, based on the sound that it makes.  (We've been working on letter sounds lately, so why not work on it while we play?)  Then Audrey would write down that letter on her order form.
Audrey really likes having her own cafe, and she is requesting that I make a sign with "Audrey's Cafe" on it that we can hang on the wall above her kitchen.




0 comments:

Post a Comment