Tuesday, January 1, 2013

January 1: Things I'm looking forward to in 2013

It has been almost a week since Isla and I first got sick, and we are still not better.  Well, we are better than we were last week, but we are not 100% yet.  And Daniel and Audrey still aren't 100% yet either.  I think I would put us all in the 60-70% range. 

All of this sickness and not feeling well has put me in a grumpy mood as we start this new year.  I just want to feel good, and I want my family to feel good.  I know that we will eventually get back to normal.  So to put myself in better spirits, I am making a list tonight of some things I am looking forward to in 2013.

1.  My new iphone.  I finally got an iphone!  This is a pretty big deal, as I have never had a smart phone.  I have always had a cheap, free phone with no data plan.  I just started texting last year.  So I am excited to finally catch up with the rest of the world and be one of the cool kids!

2.  Reading new books.  I got $65 in Barnes and Noble gift cards for Christmas, and I am starting to stock up my Nook with lots of new books to read this year.  I'm also thinking about starting a book blog.

3.  Oscar movie season.  It's that time of year again!  I don't know if I will be able to see all the nominated movies this year (the nominees aren't even announced yet), but there are several that are on my list to see in the near future including:  Silver Linings Playbook, Les Miserables and Zero Dark Thirty.

4.  Saving money for a new kitchen.  I really want a new kitchen.  I don't think it is going to be possible to remodel our kitchen this year, but I have decided this is going to be the year to build up our kitchen remodel savings account.  Maybe 2014 will be the year of the new kitchen.

5.  Warmer weather.  There are still a few months of winter left, but after that...it will get warm again!

6.  Isla will talk.  I feel pretty confident that by the end of 2013, either with or without the help of speech therapy, Isla will be saying more than she is now.  And I really look forward to that day!

7.  Possible 10 year anniversary trip.  Daniel has been saying for years that we need to go on a big trip to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary (December 2013).  I'm not sure how big the trip will be (due to #4 above), but I definitely think we need to make this a priority.

I'm sure there will be much more to look forward to in 2013, but that is a good list to keep me thinking more positively.

Happy New Year!





0 comments:

Post a Comment