Monday, January 21, 2013

January 21: Book Club

I hosted book club at my house tonight.  We read A Walk Across the Sun by Corban Addison.  It is a book set in India about human trafficking.  It was not an easy book to read, as the subject matter is emotionally difficult, but I thought it was a great book.  It is an interesting story that sheds light on an important issue in our world today.  I would highly recommend it.

Since it was our first book club meeting of the year, I decided to go all out and fix an Indian dinner for everyone.  I made Chicken Makhani, jasmine rice, curried chickpeas, and naan bread.  Cooking Indian food was a bit of a stretch for me, because I am a picky eater and I usually don't like foods with a lot of flavor.  But everyone said it was good, and I even got brave enough to try it all myself...and it wasn't too bad!  Maybe I am outgrowing my picky ways at last.


Anyway, it was fun to get together with everyone and eat and discuss this book.  I love our book club!




0 comments:

Post a Comment