Thursday, September 20, 2012

September 20: Standing Up

Isla seemed to be back to normal today.  Thank goodness!!

She celebrated by standing up all by herself...for a really long time!

It started when I was taking her shirt off before bed.  I noticed that she was really steady, so I just let go of her.  And she stood there.  And kept standing there.  While I found my camera.  While I found my SD card.  She just stood there and watched me.  Then she played peek-a-boo with the shirt around her neck.  All while standing up all by herself.  It felt like she was standing there for an eternity, but it was probably closer to a minute.

After I got her shirt off, she stood by herself again.  For a long time again.  This time she also took a few steps towards me before finally sitting herself down.

I have known for a long time that she was physically capable of doing it.  It is so good to see her finally have the confidence to do what we all know she can do (and what we have been waiting for her to do)!





0 comments:

Post a Comment