Tuesday, September 18, 2012

September 18

Poor Isla has not been feeling well the past couple of days.  She is snotty, and she just wants to spend a lot of her time laying her head down and being held.  Today she started to run a fever.  I'm thinking it might be teeth, as one of her top molars is finally breaking through her very swollen gums.  But she is really acting not well, so maybe it's a virus or something.  One of the most frustrating things for me about unwell babies is not knowing exactly what is bothering them.  It would be so much easier to help her if I just knew what was causing her to feel bad!

Despite not feeling well most of the day, Isla was pretty energetic and happy for a while this morning while Audrey was at school.  I got out the camera and wanted to get a picture of her standing by herself.  She has started standing unassisted more frequently the past couple of days.  I thought I might be able to get her to do it for the camera, but she refused to let got of the chair.  She is just barely touching it, and if she did let go, she would most likely not fall.  But holding on to something is just so important to her!



Notice how she is tripping over her pants.  These are size 12 months pants.  I keep trying to roll them and pull them up at the waist, but they just keep falling down.  I pulled out Isla's fall/winter clothes, and everything I have for her is 18 months or 18-24 months, because based on the way she was growing, that seemed like the most appropriate size.  She is going to be swimming in those clothes if she doesn't have a big growth spurt soon!

And here are a few more pictures from this morning.  Isla really loves to sit in chairs!


After these pictures, Isla started to get a little cranky again.  So we snuggled on the couch and watched Elmo videos on YouTube.  While it is no fun to have a little one who doesn't feel well, all of the snuggles from my baby girl are kind of fun!








0 comments:

Post a Comment