Thursday, September 22, 2011

September 22

Isla had a fairly intense physical therapy session this afternoon. Shannon tried lots of different things to figure out the best way to get her to move her head and neck and improve her head strength and control. When we got home, Isla went to sleep and slept in her crib for one hour and 40 minutes! That is her best crib nap ever. (All the other longer naps she has taken have been in her swing or carseat). I think I might like this more aggressive physical therapy!

I also have to add this picture of Audrey and the vacuum. Tonight, I mentioned to Audrey that our floors were dirty and needed to be vacuumed. The worst part of getting rid of Maggie is the dirt that accumulates on our floor. Maggie was like a little vacuum cleaner, cleaning up food and crumbs before it would even reach the floor! Without her, I am amazed at how quickly our floors get dirty!

So tonight all I did was mention the word vacuum, and Audrey got so excited. She pestered me over and over again, "When are we going to vacuum, Mom? We got to vacuum, Mom. We got to."

This was shocking because for entire life, all 35 months of it, Audrey has hated the vacuum. She has always cried and fussed when we run the vacuum. Always. But all of a sudden tonight, the vacuum was the best thing in the world. I strapped Isla into the baby carrier, got out the vacuum, and ended up vacuuming the whole house. After we finished one room, Audrey would pick the next room to be vacuumed. I let her push the button to turn it on and off, and she thought that was great. And the loud sound that used to scare her now makes her happy. She kept saying, "That loud sound make me laugh. Ha, ha, ha!"

When we finally finished all the rooms, Audrey said. "Now the whole house is clean. Now we take a break." Oh, she is a funny girl!




0 comments:

Post a Comment