Wednesday, September 21, 2011

September 21

I have lots of things to say about baby Isla tonight!

1. We got her x-ray results back today, and everything looks normal with her neck vertebrae. I didn't really expect them to find anything wrong, but at least we know for sure now. "Dr." Shannon, our physical therapist, wants to start more aggressive physical therapy to try to strengthen her neck muscles...starting tomorrow!
2. This girl is the queen of catnaps. And it is just about to drive me insane! She will take three or four 30-50 minute naps a day. I would so much rather her combine those naps into two 1-2 (or even 3) hour naps. I have tried everything I can think of to try to get her to nap better. Nothing is working so far. Some days, it feels like we spend the whole day trying to get her to sleep!

3. Early this evening, after an unsuccessful nap attempt, Daniel and I were a bit frustrated with Isla. Then, we got her out of bed and she was all smiles and giggles! She knows when to turn on the charm! Can't stay mad at her for long when she won't stop flashing you her sweet little smile. And her goofy giggle is adorable...I really need to try to record it soon.
4. Looking at these pictures, her forehead seems to be looking more symmetrical. At least, I don't notice it being crooked anymore...but that could be because I look at her every day. All of this flat head drama has led me to intently study her head all the time. And I study the head shapes of every little baby and kid that I see. I'm ready to stop thinking about head shapes.5. Isla is starting to look like Audrey more and more each day. Maybe it is because Isla is now able to wear some of the same clothes that Audrey wore. Since they were born in opposite seasons, Isla didn't end up wearing any of Audrey's newborn clothes. Seeing Isla in the same outfits that Audrey wore is like deja vu sometimes! Here is a picture of Audrey when she was just about Isla's age.




1 comments:

Julie Davison said...

yAY!!! So glad to hear the xrays were normal!! Hang in there with naps...I remember those days...and I don't miss it one bit!

Post a Comment