Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Vacation Post #2: The Hotel

We were only spending one night in a hotel on this trip, so I wanted it to be a nice one! But I didn’t want to pay much money for it. My goal was to find a nice room in Orlando for $50. I searched Hotwire and Priceline, but I was nervous that I was going to end up with something junky. And then I tried Travelocity's Top Secret Hotel Deal, where I found a 4 star hotel for just $50.

I spent $57.38 after tax, and we got a room at the Rosen Shingle Creek. This was by far the best hotel deal that I have ever found. According to the hotel’s website, rooms here are generally $300 per night! It is a HUGE place, and everything is so nice.

When we got to the hotel, we asked if we could get a crib in the room for Audrey. Our reserved room had two queen beds, but she’s never slept in such a big bed before, and I thought a crib would be a safer bet for a good night’s sleep. The nice lady who checked us in said that if we wanted a crib, she could upgrade us to a suite, so that we would have more room…at no additional charge! So we paid only $50, and we ended up with a really nice suite-style room.

This was the dining area in our room. The bed actually pulled out from the wood paneled wall (so it wasn't like we had our own private bedroom). But still, it was a HUGE room.

This was the living room area of the room.

And this was the kitchen. We put Audrey's crib back behind the counter, so it was like she had her own little room.To give you an idea of how big the room was, this was posted in our room. Now, I don't think you could fit 53 people in there to sleep. But I suppose if we wanted to have a big party, we could have invited 50 people to join us!

The worst thing about this hotel was that we didn't have a lot of time to enjoy it. We only spent one night there, and we were out for most of the night with my aunt, uncle and cousins. But in the short amount of time we had there, Audrey and Daddy got to go for a quick swim in one of the hotel's four heated swimming pools!





0 comments:

Post a Comment