Saturday, February 12, 2011

February 12

While we were packing tonight, Audrey found the dress up clothes she got for Christmas. She hasn't been too interested in dressing up, but tonight she was all about the dress up clothes. She paraded around for a while, dancing and singing and having lots of fun!

Still have lots of packing to do tonight...this is definitely my least favorite part about vacation. But soon we will be in Florida, where we will be able to relax and have fun in warm weather!

On a side note (and to procrastinate on packing just a little bit longer), I saw my 9th Oscar nominated movie today...127 Hours. It's about a guy who goes hiking/repelling by himself, where he falls and gets stuck in a canyon for 127 hours. He eventually cuts his own arm off in order to free himself (sorry to spoil the movie for you, but it's pretty common knowledge). Much media attention has been given to the arm amputation scene, with reports of people puking and passing out in the theater. So my friends and I were a bit nervous to watch it.

It was actually a really good movie; I enjoyed it. But the whole time I was anticipating/dreading the arm amputation scene and wondering if I would be able to handle it, so that was a bit distracting to the movie. When it finally happened, it wasn't so bad. Of course, I had my eyes closed the whole time, so it might have been worse if I had actually watched it with my eyes open! The worst part of the movie for me when he drank his own urine. That was horrible.

So now I've seen 9 out of 10 nominated movies, but I don't think I'm going to see the final one. I have heard from several people that The Kids Are All Right is not so great, so I think I'm going to pass on it.

Enough procrastination, time to get back to packing!




0 comments:

Post a Comment