Monday, August 23, 2010

August 23

The Hunger Games are a series of books (written for young adults, but perfect for all ages) by Suzanne Collins. This summer, it was my goal to get as many people as I could to read these books. And I think I succeeded, as many of my friends read and loved the books as much as I did. They are such good books...and the third and final book of the series, Mockingjay, comes out tomorrow. So to celebrate the release of Mockingjay, I hosted a Hunger games party tonight for all of my friends who loved the books.

We encouraged everyone to wear a Hunger Games-themed costume (the books are kind of science fiction/fantasy-like, so there were lots of interesting costume options). Not everyone did, but it was a lot of fun to see those who did dress up. This was my costume...I dressed as Glimmer...a girl who often wore metallics, and who tried to sneak a weapon inside her ring (hence the big ring on my finger!). On my eyes, I had this big silver tinsel eyelashes...in case you were wondering why I look so silly! I sprayed glitter in my hair, but you couldn't see it very well.




0 comments:

Post a Comment