Monday, September 2, 2013

September 2: Last day at the pool...and a parade!

Well, we accomplished the two things on our list for this Labor Day weekend:  we went to the pool several times and we painted our piano/living room.

Last night, we went to the pool for Family Night, which offered food and swimming and an outdoor movie.
 The girls were most excited about the sno cones that were served during Family Night. 

After eating and swimming, Audrey and I stayed to watch Despicable Me poolside.  It was not the most comfortable way to watch a  movie:  Audrey was on my lap, and we were both wet, and it was chilly, and the pool chairs were not comfortable.  But more and more lately, I'm noticing how quickly Audrey is growing up.  Someday too soon she is not going to want to sit on my lap and snuggle and watch a movie during Family Night at the pool.  She is going to want to sit with her friends and will most likely ignore me for most of the evening.  So I didn't mind one bit sitting uncomfortably with her snuggled in my lap for a couple of hours and enjoying this moment while it lasts!

Today was officially the last day at the pool.  We gave the girls a choice this morning as to whether they wanted to go to the pool one last time or go to the Labor Day parade.  They picked the parade.  So Daniel took the girls to the parade, while I stayed home to work on painting the piano room. 

When they came back from the parade, Isla walked in the door first and said to me, in her most excited voice:  "A lot.  A lot.  A lot.  Candy!!"  And she was not exaggerating.  They come home with a RIDICULOUS amount of candy!
Seriously, our family is not going to consume all that candy or anywhere close to all of it.  I'm not sure what we are going to do with it.  I think it will probably end up being saved for Halloween or go in the trash!  Or we may just pass it out by the handful to anyone that comes to our house over the next few weeks!!

The girls also ended up with a bunch of these plastic bead necklaces.  Because we needed a few more of those around our house!  =)

So that brings us to the end of our summer!  The pool is now closed, and Audrey starts school on Wednesday.  It's been fun...but I'm starting to feel ready for fall!

Oh, and here's a sneak peek at the room that we finished painting today.  More to come later!










0 comments:

Post a Comment