Saturday, July 6, 2013

June 30-July 3: Camp

I'm still here!  It's been a while since I posted, but it's just been crazy around here.   I have a feeling it's going to be crazy for a while.

Last week, we went to church camp!  Our friend Amy is dean of a 3rd-4th grade week, and we go help out every year.  I teach a class in the mornings, and Daniel leads worship in the mornings and evenings.  The girls enjoy being there and hanging out with everyone.  We don't spend the night, so we spend the week going back and forth between home and camp.

I used to take a ton of pictures at camp, but I forgot my camera every day this year.  I took a few with my phone, and then I stole some from friends on Facebook too.

I got Isla's hair in pigtails one morning.  I always consider it to be a slight miracle when that happens.


Amy's nieces were there with us for the week too.  They are a few months younger than Isla and had fun playing with us.

Daniel's worship leading attire:
While Daniel was leading worship, they let the little kids and some campers come up on stage and dance.  Isla was the brave one who wanted to go dance on stage first.  This is how she danced most of the time.


Then Audrey got braver and decided to give it a try.  This was one of the first nights.  By the last night, she was going all out, singing and doing every single motion.  (I wish I would have video taped that; it was super cute!)




One of the highlights each day for the girls was watching the campers get thrown into the pool after lunch.  If a camper got a package or too many letters, they got thrown in the pool with their clothes on.  Isla especially found this hilarious.  She kept talking and laughing about it:  "Co.  Shoe.  Wa.  Ha, ha, ha, ha!"  (Translation:  Clothes.  Shoes.  Water. ha, ha, ha! )
 After camp is over on the last night, it is tradition for some of the faculty to go eat at Cracker Barrel.  It was a huge crowd this year!





0 comments:

Post a Comment