Saturday, July 27, 2013

July 27: Looking Back

One of the things I love most about blogging is being able to look back at what we were doing on this day last year or two years or three years or four years ago.  Its fun to have a record of our ordinary days.  Looking back also motivates me to do a better job of blogging on a regular basis, something that I have not been doing lately.

On July 27, 2009, I hosted a Stampin' Up open house.  I used to sell Stampin' Up rubber stamps and scrapbooking supplies  I stopped when Isla was born, and I don't do it at all anymore.  In fact, I have sold almost all of my supplies.  Crazy how what was such a big part of my life four years ago means absolutely nothing to me now! 

 On July 27, 2010, we walked down to Baskin Robbins with a 20 month old Audrey for some ice cream! 

On July 27, 2011, I had just discovered Pinterest for the first time!  I am still a religious user of Pinterest.  Can't believe I have been using it for two whole years now.  If you are an avid online researcher/idea seeker like me, Pinterest is a great way to organize all of the ideas that you discover.  I use it as a recipe book, party planner, home decorating source, and much much more.  When I originally posted this picture, I had 10 boards with 73 pins.  Today I have 43 boards with 918 pins!

On July 27, 2012, the girls and I were in Iowa at my mom's house.  Daniel must have been working at Muni.  It must have been pretty hot, because we played in the slip n side at mom's house and then went swimming at my dad's house.



Now for July 27, 2013...I didn't take any pictures!  And I had the perfect opportunity to take pictures, as we hosted our small group for a cookout at our house.  The weather is really cool right now for July.  It was a breezy, sunny 70 degree day today, feeling much more like fall than summer.  Beautiful weather to hang out outside! (Right now, at 11 pm, the temp is 56 degrees).   It was a fun night...I just didn't ever break out the camera or my phone for that matter.  Must. Take. More. Pictures.

I did take a couple of pictures of the girls the other day, so I'll share them instead.  They both wanted to get dressed up to go to SummerFest...with stick on earrings, ponytails, dresses and temporary tattoos.  This is not unusual for Audrey, but Isla rarely will let me put her hair in pigtails and she hasn't ever tried earrings or wanted me to put tattoos on her.  So, we got all dressed up and took a few pictures to document it all!









0 comments:

Post a Comment