Saturday, July 3, 2010

July 3


Baby Julia got to see her first Muni show at just three months old! We went with some friends to see Into the Woods tonight. It was a fairly good show. I like the show itself, I like the music, but I was a bit underwhelmed by the performance tonight. I think my expectations were a bit too high. Plus, the only other performance of Into the Woods that I have seen is a recording of the Broadway production. It's probably not fair to compare our community theater to Broadway. It is a really hard show, with really hard music...and most of the cast did an excellent job. There were just a few rough spots and some things that bothered me that distracted me throughout the night. I guess I am just getting too critical in my old age. Regardless--a night at the Muni with friends is always a good time!




0 comments:

Post a Comment