Saturday, January 15, 2011

January 15

We decided to go with a toddler bed. It definitely fits the space better, and it was a bit cheaper on the budget since all we had to buy for now was the bed frame. We are using our crib mattress in it, and then we'll just have to get a new crib mattress before June for the new baby.

Audrey is very excited about her new bed. She was really excited that Daddy was making it for her, which is what she kept saying while he was putting it together: "Daddy making new bed Audrey." She was also very excited to play in it this evening, getting in and out and in and out and in and out. I was a bit nervous that she figured out so quickly how much fun it is to get in and out of the bed!

So tonight was the test! So far, it's been about 30 minutes, and I haven't heard a peep from her. Although I wasn't expecting her to give us much trouble tonight. It's pretty dark in her room. And since she is using the same mattress and blanket that was in her crib, it shouldn't really feel much different for her to be in the bed now. I am most nervous about nap times, so that will be the true test tomorrow afternoon!

Getting a new bed meant getting new bedding, as well as some new room decor. Audrey's room is somewhat of an L shape, so we put Audrey's bed, chair and bookshelf back in the nook to give her a "space" of her own. I got a simple pink polka dot bedding set and started looking for some accessories. Target has some really cute owl decor right now! Audrey and I both love this owl pillow that we bought this afternoon, so I think I'm going to go back and get a few more things to decorate her space. More pictures to come soon, I'm sure!




0 comments:

Post a Comment