Friday, March 29, 2013

March 29: Painting

The girls wanted to paint this morning.  I don't always let them paint when they want to paint, because it is just a hassle and makes a mess and I am lazy.  But, today seemed like a good painting day.  Isla has painted a few times with my help, but I haven't let her do it totally on her own yet.  Until today.  Wow, she loved it so much!  She painted for the longest time and probably would have gone for longer if I would have let her.  She made a little mess, but it wasn't bad at all.  (Note to self:  let the girls paint more often!)

They started painting pictures out of coloring books.

 Notice that Isla favors her left hand.  She pretty consistently uses her left hand for everything.  We think she is going to be a lefty!




 I love pictures of the two of them playing nicely together.  Look at them sharing the paints!  It doesn't always happen, but when it does...I love it!

After they started painting, a thought came to mind that we should be painting some sort of Easter craft, since it is Easter weekend and all.  So I drew some Easter eggs on cardstock for the girls to paint. 
Here are their finished eggs.  Isla's on the left and Audrey's on the right.  Maybe we will be festive and cut them out and hang them up in our window.





0 comments:

Post a Comment