Sunday, March 24, 2013

March 24: Pinkalicious!

Audrey and I went on a date this afternoon.  We braved the blizzard like conditions to go see Pinkalicious the musical at a local theater.  It really was nasty outside this afternoon, it was snowing and blowing like crazy.  I do not like being out in the snow or driving in snow, but I was willing to put up with it for the sake of spending an afternoon with my daughter (and also for the sake of the expensive tickets that I didn't want to waste!).  I think we have about 12 inches of snow on the ground right now.  It is ridiculous considering that it is supposed to be SPRING now!

Anyway, back to our day, I let Audrey pick where we went to lunch after church.  Of course, she picked McDonalds, which is her favorite but most definitely not my favorite.
 Before the show started, they had a pink party with pink crafts (basically just coloring) for the kids to complete.  After making the crafts, Audrey and I got some pink lemonade and Skittles to enjoy while we waited for the show to start.  Audrey really wanted to take a picture of me with my pink lemonade, so here it is.

The show was cute; Audrey (who is a big fan of the books) thought it was great.  After the show, she got to get autographs from the cast and get a picture with Pinkalicious.
Audrey was so much fun today.  She just had a great attitude and a good time.  She couldn't stop smiling or laughing.  We had to walk about a block through all the cold, wet, blowing snow...but she didn't complain or cry at all.  (I wanted to do both!)  Great memories!!





0 comments:

Post a Comment