Wednesday, November 4, 2009

November 4...Day 282

Time for a new theme! I'm going to post a picture of one thing that I am thankful for each day from now until Thanksgiving!
I received this letter in the mail a few weeks ago. Since you know I'm going with a thankful theme this month, you may think that I am thankful for the opportunity to be a good American citizen and participate in the judicial system of our country. But you would be wrong. There is no part of me that wants to serve on a jury and be responsible for the fate of another human being. Just the idea of that kind of responsibility makes me feel sick to my stomach. No, what I am thankful for is the law that says parents who do not work and who stay at home with their children under the age of 10 can be excused from jury duty! I was supposed to report for duty today, and I was a bit frantic trying to figure out who would watch Audrey if I was to serve on a jury. But then I called the Jury Clerk's office, and she told me that I could be excused completely from my duty! And I am very thankful for that today!




0 comments:

Post a Comment