Saturday, December 6, 2014

December 3: Angel Tree

I made it two whole days into my advent calendar blogging, and then I missed three days.  I'm so good at this.  =)

To catch up...

On December 3, our activity was to pick out ornaments from the Angel Tree at Isla's school.  Each of the girls got to pick one.  The ornaments had a number on it, then we had to go to the office and find out what we were supposed to buy with our number, something from a needy kid's wish list.  Then we will buy those items, wrap them up, return them to school and they will be given to kids in need this Christmas.  I want my kids to embrace the idea that it is better to give than to receive.  They don't quite get that idea yet, but hopefully someday it will sink in if we continue to emphasize the joy and importance of giving to others.





0 comments:

Post a Comment