Saturday, January 25, 2014

Our Week

Disclaimer:  I failed at taking any pictures with my real camera this week.  These are all phone pictures.

This is just going to be a long rambling post about our week.  How exciting is that!!

It was cold this week.  Really cold.  With several days of highs in the single digits and wind chills in the negative double digits.  I would have loved to stay warm at home every day, but we had places to go every single day.  So we had to get bundled up.  I really don't love getting the girls all bundled up, but when it is this cold, I feel like I should take the time to make sure they are warm (or as warm as possible in the frigid temps).

Here are the girls all bundled up and ready to go to a playdate with some friends from Audrey's school. 

One day this week, the girls were playing in Audrey's room with control of both my computer and my phone.  That's scary!  But when they are playing nicely together, I will let them do almost anything (within reason) if it means they will continue to play nicely together!  They were playing church and listening to a playlist of our Sunday School songs.  Audrey thought Isla was acting cute, so she wanted to record her with my phone.  Here's one of the videos I found on my phone when I got it back.

One afternoon this week, Audrey wanted to do some chores.  So I told her she could mop the floor, which was messy from all the snow/mud we've been tracking in.  She has never mopped before, so this was a very exciting thing for her!  She did the whole dining room, the whole kitchen and the front hallway.  The floors look terrible now, because she slopped on way too much water and they are now all splotchy looking.  But she had fun, and she worked hard too!  And she was soaked when she finished.

I was going to potty train Isla in January.  It is now January 25, and there has been no potty training.  I keep putting it off, because I just don't want to do it!  Potty training takes a lot of patience and diligence on my part.  Plus I would rather change a diaper any day than have to deal with taking a toddler to a public restroom.  Or having to deal with taking her to the bathroom at the exact moment when she needs to go.  It's so much easier to just let her go in her diaper.  =)

But we are going to potty train one of these days.  That is unavoidable, I'm afraid.  For now, Isla has been sitting on her little potty after bath time.  And she thinks it is especially fun to sit on her little potty in the hallway!  She has never actually gone in the potty yet, but for now it's just fun to sit there.

I got my hair cut yesterday and decided to get bangs!  Eek!!  Bangs are a bit of  a commitment, and I've been debating it for several months.  But I finally decided I was ready for a little change.  I figure if I don't like them, I can just pin them back.  And my hair grows really fast, so it shouldn't be too hard to grow them out.

Someone on Facebook asked if I have ever had a bad cut/style?  Which just made me laugh...a lot!  I've shared about my past woes with my hair before on this blog.  I have had many years of bad hair and bad styles.  Most of my life, I have hated my hair and thought it was impossible and hopeless.  It's not until recent years, when I have found a stylist that I like and trust, and I've learned more about how to style my hair (and spent more keeping it cut and buying product) that I have finally grown to actually like my hair and see it's thickness and waviness as a positive thing.  =)





0 comments:

Post a Comment