Monday, August 19, 2013

August 19: What's for Dinner? Night 1

I'm trying to get into a better habit of planning and cooking dinner.  Between moving and staying busy all summer long, I haven't been cooking too much.  We've eaten a lot of processed junk, and while I'm not the healthiest eater in the world, I do think we could/should be eating a little better.
I love to cook, and I hate to cook all at the same time.  It takes time and effort, and sometimes I'm just not in the mood.   I've been trying to find some motivation to start planning meals and cooking them.  For the past few weeks, I have planned all of our meals.  But then when the time comes to make them, I haven't always followed through with my plan. 

So I'm turning to the good old blog to get me motivated.  This week, I'm going to post what we ate for dinner each night and provide some recipes too.  Maybe it will give you some new dinner ideas (I'm always on the lookout for new things to make!).  And maybe it will get me back into my cooking groove.

So tonight...

It was a breakfast for dinner kind of night.

I made this baked oatmeal with peaches and blueberries.  I have made this several times before, but it had been a really long time.   Here it is right out of the oven (and sitting on my kitchen floor, because that seems to be the best natural light in the room).

And here it is ready to be served, with a little milk poured over the top:
And I served it with some scrambled eggs and turkey bacon.
 I'm not a huge oatmeal fan, but this recipe is really good!  Plus, we have plenty leftover to eat for breakfast this week.  I am not a morning person, so I rarely (okay, never!) cook for breakfast.  Having leftovers for breakfast is a pretty exciting treat around here!





0 comments:

Post a Comment