Wednesday, July 15, 2009

July 15...Day 170

I had several cute pictures I wanted to post tonight, but they weren't a very good representation of this day (so I'm going to post them on the other blog instead). It has been a rough 24 hours for Little Miss Audrey. She woke up screaming at 9 pm last night, only 45 minutes after we put her down, and has been having a rough time since then. She hasn't been completely inconsolable, and she has had a few happy moments, so I guess it could be worse. But she has not been sleeping/napping well, she has a runny/stuffy nose (as you can see from this picture), a little bit of a fever and she has been very irritable.

So what's wrong with her? That is the mystery of the day, and I would love to know the answer! Teething? Just a cold? An ear infection? My first guess would be teething, because surely it's about time for her to get a tooth! Over the past week, I have noticed a bump on her gums. But it's not where her front teeth would come in, it's further back on the bottom right side. I tried to get a look at it tonight (I practically had to pin Audrey down to get her to let me look inside her mouth!), and it looks like there could be a tooth trying to push through there. But I don't know what a tooth trying to come in looks like, so I could be wrong. Maybe it's just a cold; hopefully it's not an ear infection again.

The most frustrating thing about her not being well (besides the lack of sleep for all of us!) is that we are supposed to leave on Friday to spend a week in Keokuk. She was sick the last time we were with my family in Keokuk. And I would really like to take a well, happy Audrey with me for this trip and not a sick, grumpy Audrey. So, I hope whatever is wrong with her gets better by Friday!!




0 comments:

Post a Comment