Monday, November 25, 2013

Pinterest Inspired Brinner

Pinterest sometimes get a bad rap for causing women to have idealistic expectations about reality.  Websites like this one are successful by demonstrating how many Pinterest projects don't live up to the hype in reality.

But sometimes Pinterest does live up to the hype.  Sometimes you really can find great ideas, and in today's case, great recipes.  Which is why I love it so much.

Tonight I pulled three recipes from my Pinterest boards and made breakfast for dinner!  I wish I would have taken better pictures, but I had no plans to blog about this.  Until I was getting ready to put the food on the table and thought, "Hey, if this turns out good, it might just be blog-worthy!"  So I snapped a quick picture with my phone, which really doesn't make the food look very appetizing.  But it was good, I promise!

Here's what I made:

Healthy Applesauce Carrot Muffins:
These are super healthy.  They are made with 100% whole wheat flour, no sugar, and very little fat.  And they do taste like they are made with whole wheat flour, no sugar and very little fat.  But they also taste good!!  Surprisingly good, actually.  I ate two for dinner and will eat leftovers for breakfast in the morning.  Audrey liked them too, even though she knew there were carrots in them and she hates carrots.

Waffle Iron Hashbrowns:
This is one that I have seen floating around Pinterest a lot.  And I was a little skeptical.  It seems like the type of pin destined for the Pinterest Fail website.  But these were SO good.  And SO easy!  You just put the frozen tator tots on the hot waffle iron, close it, and in about 15 minutes you have a hashbrown that is super crispy on the outside while soft and potato-y on the inside.  Yum!

Blueberry Pomegranate Smoothie:
After reading an article about how blueberries and pomegranates can prevent the flu, I decided we should try to incorporate them a little more into our diet.  I will do anything to avoid having sick kids!!  I'm not a huge smoothie drinker, but this one was pretty good!  I will definitely make it again.

I served some scrambled eggs on the side, and voila...breakfast for dinner, aka brinner!

Thanks, Pinterest!






0 comments:

Post a Comment