Saturday, June 15, 2013

June 15: The past week

In about 36 hours, we will be homeowners again.  So exciting!

Obviously, I haven't been keeping up with the blog too regularly.  So this is going to be a super long post catching up on everything from the past week.  Then I'll be all ready for new house pictures on Monday.

While at my mom's house, Isla was kind of sickish all week.  She had some major congestion and a yucky cough.  She had some rough moments, but she also perked up a lot so she was able to participate in all the fun with the rest of us.

Here are a few pictures from playing at Nana's house.
 Aunt Elisabeth helping Isla ride the bike.
One morning we went to the library to play and go to story hour.  Here is Aunt Andrea playing grocery store with Isla and Audrey.
We also went down to the riverfront one morning, because that's what you do when you live in a small river town, I guess.  The river was still slightly flooded, and it was muddy and smelled of dead fish.  My girls were not impressed!
We also played in Aunt Elisabeth's baby pool and sprinkler.  Isla was a little unsure of the pool at first, but she quickly warmed up and had lots of fun.  (And threw a fit when it was time to get out!)

Audrey and Braxen preferred to play in the sprinkler.


One afternoon, we went to my dad and stepmom's house for a BBQ/swim party.  Grandpa and Grandma just got a new playhouse, and my girls were in love!

The big pool at Grandpa and Grandma's house wasn't ready yet, but the kids were able to swim in the hot tub (which was not on so it wasn't hot).  This was just the right size for Audrey!
Then they also had the baby pool with a slide, which was Isla's preferred pool.

Nana turned 60 while we were there!  For a present, we took this picture of the kids and had it made into a gallery wrapped canvas.
We also had a birthday party for Nana.



 Here are Nana and Papa with most of their grandkids.

One afternoon we went to Great Grandpa and Grandma's house for a picnic snack.
And here are some more pictures that I stole from my sister.




 In the end, it was a good but tiring week.  With four little kids running around, they kept us busy.  And I am really ready to be done living out of suitcases!  I'm grateful that we had this time to spend with my family though.  Next, they will all have to come visit us in our new house!!!





0 comments:

Post a Comment