Thursday, May 6, 2010

May 6

You know it's going to be a bad day when your day begins and ends with a trip to the grocery store. Well, at least for me that is the sign of a bad day. I hate the grocery store. Today I woke up and realized that we had nothing at all in our house for breakfast-no bread, no milk, no fruit, no cereal, no oatmeal. We did have a whole package of hot dogs, but I didn't think we wanted hot dogs for breakfast. So Audrey and I headed to the store at 7:30 am to pick up a few breakfast necessities.

But we really needed more than just breakfast food, so I also needed to make a real grocery trip to get more food and take advantage of getting $10 off a $50 purchase at Shop n Save (a deal that was only good today). I didn't get the chance to go back to the store until 8:30 pm tonight. And it was crazy busy. And they were out of everything I wanted to buy. And I was so tired I couldn't remember what I needed to buy. And I kept thinking about how much I hate the grocery store and how I had to make two trips in one day. Ugh.

In the end, I only spent $45 between the two trips ($5 under budget for the week), plus I got a coupon for $5 off my next shopping trip and a coupon for five free movie rentals at Redbox. Getting good deals helped to brighten my spirits a little.

Now, we have to pack and get ready to go to Chicago in the morning. We're going to visit my sister, go to Ikea, see my friend Katy and take Audrey to the Children's Museum. We're spending the night tomorrow night, so I won't post any pictures until we get home Saturday night.




0 comments:

Post a Comment