Monday, May 17, 2010

May 17

I bought these books today. I have a small collection of juvenile fiction books, specifically Newbury Award winning books and books that I read as a kid. If I find any of these books for a quarter or less, I usually pick them up. I'm not sure why I collect these books, except that I am sentimental. And I hope that someday Audrey will read the books I enjoyed as a kid. And I am slowly trying to build my book collection to someday fill my library in my dream home.

Anyway, these books are obviously not Newbury Award winning, but they were favorites of mine as a kid. In fact, my friends and I had a club called the Friends-4-Ever club, which I am guessing was based off of these books.

I found the books at the Chatham library. Audrey and I ventured away from our normal library here in Springfield, and drove an extra 15 minutes down to Chatham. They redid their children's area last year, and this was our first time in the new area. It was really nice, and Audrey loved it. They also have a used bookstore (where I found the books!) and a little cafe. We didn't get anything at the cafe today, but it would be fun someday to stop and get some ice cream after playing and reading books at the library. Springfield friends: we need to have a playdate at the Chatham library soon!
And yes, I did just post another picture of books (See Random Note #3 from yesterday's post).




1 comments:

Breanne said...

I collect sentimental kids books too - Nancy Drew are my favorite and the condensed illustrated novels. -Breanne

Post a Comment