Sunday, May 23, 2010

May 23

Tonight was the series finale of Lost. We've been watching Lost for the past few years with a group of friends called the F.L.E.A. (Fellow Lost Enthusiasts of America) club. I have made several Lost-themed treats for various Lost season premieres and finales through the years. And I was feeling a lot of pressure from myself and others to create something extra special for the finale. I don't know if this counts as extra special, but this is what I made. It is a Smoke Monster rice krispie treat on an island of nuts, chocolate and leaves with two almond bark crashed airplanes (marked with the numbers 815 and 316). If you have never seen Lost, then you are probably very confused right now. But that's okay, because that is how we Lost fans feel all the time---confused!

For any Lost fans out there, here are my thoughts on the finale: I thought it was well done, and a good way to end the show by finding a way to bring back all the characters (especially some of our favorites who died along the way). I knew they would never be able to answer all the questions people have about the show, and I was okay with it. And I was satisfied with the whole ending up until the point where Jack's eye closed and Lost flashed on the screen. Then they had to throw in that scene during the credits. And that was just annoying. I think it was included for the sole reason of sparking debate among Lost fans. But I am refusing to participate in that debate and am pretending that the scene was never shown.

I started watching Lost out of peer pressure and for social reasons. Everyone else was watching it and talking about it, and I wanted to know what was going on too. I don't think Lost was the greatest show ever made, but it was a fun show to watch and discuss with friends. And now, we'll just have to find a new show to watch and debate together!




0 comments:

Post a Comment