Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Mary Poppins Comes to Visit!

So I did fairly good at posting daily in May, but totally failed this past week.  It's been hectic, and I've been tired.  It takes a lot of mental energy for me to blog, and sometimes at the end of the day, I just don't have it in me.

So let's play a little catch up, because it was a big weekend around here with Isla's third birthday and her Mary Poppins themed party!

My mom could not make it to Isla's party.  She had considered coming to Isla's party dressed and in character as Mary Poppins, but it wasn't going to work out.  So instead she came a couple of days early to surprise the girls...and she decided to dress like Mary Poppins then!

She came to our door and rang the doorbell, looking just like Mary Poppins with a carpetbag and umbrella.  Then she quoted a whole scene from the movie with an English accent!  I wish I would have gotten video of it.  Audrey thought it was hilarious.  Isla was shy and unsure, but later she talked about it as if she liked it.

On Mary Poppins' arrival day, Audrey was the only brave enough to pose for a picture.

Mary Poppins came bearing gifts, which she magically pulled out of her carpetbag.

The next day, before Mary Poppins left, we managed to get the birthday girl to semi-cooperate for a few pictures.


Thanks, Nana, for coming to visit and for creating such a fun memory for the girls!!





0 comments:

Post a Comment