Wednesday, September 16, 2009

September 16...Day 233

Y is for...Yikes! Audrey tried to crawl up the stairs today. Up until today, she had not paid any attention to the stairs. But she discovered them today and immediately tried to climb up them. While I was standing nearby ready to help her, she made it up two stairs all by herself. Yikes...I'm not ready for her to be climbing the stairs yet, especially our scary hardwood stairs!
I have fallen down these stairs a few times. Maggie falls down them several times a week and often refuses to come down them for fear of falling. So, I'm not ready for Audrey to fall down them yet. Shortly after we took this picture, Audrey and I made a trip to the store for a baby gate to block off this staircase. We'll help her learn to go up and down on the carpeted basement stairs and wait to tackle these big, scary, hard stairs when she is older.

(This picture is a re-enactment of Audrey climbing the stairs for the first time. I cropped Daniel out of the picture, but he was nearby supervising Audrey. I didn't just send her up the stairs alone while I took pictures....just so you know!)




0 comments:

Post a Comment