Friday, August 14, 2009

August 14...Day 200


Friday night, 6:30 pm: At 6:30 tonight, Audrey was watching a Baby Einstein video so I could play with my new phone. I feel a little guilty for sticking in a movie to "babysit" Audrey for 20 minutes, but my new phone was calling my name! Plus I got this Baby Einstein DVD for 50 cents at a garage sale this morning, and I wanted to see if she would like it (and she really liked it a lot!).


I have to explain a little more about the phone. It was a big day in the Shelton household. Our contract with Sprint was finally done, and we decided to look into switching providers. And while were looking at cell phone plans, we just happened to start looking at cable TV plans. We discovered that if we get rid of Netflix and switched our TV, internet and cell phones to AT&T, we could upgrade to Direct TV with DVR for only $10 more per month than what we have been paying (we have always had basic cable, which is only 24 channels...a majority of which are PBS and home shopping channels). We discussed and debated about it all afternoon and finally just decided to go for it! It was such a big decision; you would think we were buying a house or something. I am super excited about my fancy new phone (with text messaging, we've never had that before!), and even more excited about the TV with DVR (which will be installed on Monday!).




0 comments:

Post a Comment