Friday, June 5, 2009

June 5...Day 130

Tonight we decided to introduce Audrey to one of our favorite summer tradtions--going to the Muni! The Muni is an outdoor community theater in town. Daniel has been a part of the Muni for the past few years both performing in shows and running sound for shows. He's now on the board and in charge of all the audio stuff. He will be out there this summer running sound for 2 of the shows. So me and Audrey may be going out to visit quite a bit!

It was the first night of the season tonight with Oliver opening. We were nervous about how Audrey would cooperate. She is almost always in bed and asleep for the night by 8:00; the show tonight didn't begin until 8:30. I think we need to start giving Audrey more credit, because she cooperated perfectly! She was awake for the first 20-30 minutes or so, watching what was going on on stage. Then, I pulled a blanket over us (it was chilly!) and made a little tent for her to sleep under. And she slept the rest of the night in my arms! I felt like my arm was going to fall off by the end of the night, but that was a sacrifice I was willing to make if it kept Audrey from crying during the performance.

The worst part about the night was that I forgot my camera. I really wanted a picture of Audrey at her first Muni show. But I had to settle for a picture of her with the program when we got home afterwards.




0 comments:

Post a Comment