Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Magic Kingdom Day 3 (Part 2)

This is still a continuation from my Disney World series last year.  Some day I will finish all these posts...

You can find part one of this post here.

After our Dumbo ride, it was time for our Fastpass at Tomorrowland Speedway.  Also known as the worst ride in all of Disney World.  In my opinion at least.  It never seems to be working, and when it is working, it is just not that fun!  But the girls thought it would be fun, so we went for it.  The line was short and we really didn't need a Fastpass.  But if there would have been a line, a Fastpass is a good idea here.  The line doesn't have much shade and it is not a fun queue, worth skipping the line for this one, especially since the end ride isn't all that exciting.

Audrey and I went together in a car.  She didn't want to drive, so I took the driver's seat.  It's a good thing I was driving because the gas pedal was not working well.  I had to push so hard just to make my car move a little.  It was miserable, and by the end of the ride, I thought my leg might just fall off.


Then, with about 20 feet left to go, they made everyone stop.  We waited in the blazing sun on the black asphalt in a car fuming with gasoline for about 15 minutes.  It was so miserable.  The girls probably had a better attitude about it than Daniel and I did.  They did give everyone an extra Fastpass since we had to wait, which was nice (Although we never ended up using ours!).

After the Speedway experience, we were very hot and thirsty.  It was about 12;15 and we had a 12:40 lunch reservation at Liberty Tree Tavern.  We decided to go straight there and hope to get seated a little early.  We didn't get seated early, but they did have a waiting area that included a bench, ice water and air conditioning.  So we had time to cool down before lunch.

This was our only non-character table service meal of the trip.  While the girls preferred the characters, it was nice to sit down to just a normal meal.  Daniel and I both got the Colony Salad, which was good.

Dessert is included with the dining plan, so we had to get dessert too!  I wasn't hungry for it at all, but I had heard lots of rave reviews for the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake.  Here's what it looked like when they brought it out to me.

It was really good.  But very rich.  No one else in my family wanted to share it with me, as they all had desserts of their own.  This was as much as I could eat of it.  Sad that all that ooey, gooey goodness had to go to waste!

With full stomachs, we headed across the street to the Hall of Presidents.  I had never seen this before, but Daniel loves it and wanted to go.  I wasn't sure what the girls would think or if they would be bored, but they seemed fairly interested through the whole show. I think it was about 20 minutes.

Then it was just about time for our Anna/Elsa fastpass.  I replanned our whole trip for the sake of that coveted Fastpass!  On the walk there, Isla fell asleep in the stroller. We tried to wake her up when we got there, but she was out and totally missed seeing Anna and Elsa.  Audrey was awake and ready to bo though!  She got an Anna/Elsa doll at Hollywood Studios on the previous day.  Anna's head is on one end, and then when you flip the doll over, it is Elsa on the other end.  Audrey was ready to get her doll flipped to match whatever sister she was meeting.  First up, Elsa!


And then Anna.  Elsa was kind of boring, but Anna was a lot of fun!


This was our third Fastpass for the day, which meant we were eligible to get another one.  We checked out what was available and decided on another ride on the Little Mermaid, Audrey's favorite.  Isla was still asleep so she and Daniel sat this one out.
Isla was STILL sleeping after the Little Mermaid ride.  It was getting close to 4:00, and Gaston was set to arrive for a meet and greet by his tavern.  Audrey and I decided to hop in his line, while Daniel walked around with Isla asleep in the stroller.

I'm so glad that we decided to stop for Gaston.  He was a hoot, and one of the more memorable character greetings of the trip!





And that was the end of our last park day of the trip!  We were off to a new resort for the rest of the night...Art of Animation.  I will share more about that in a later post...someday!






0 comments:

Post a Comment