Sunday, December 22, 2013

Christmas Programs

We had a crazy week last week with Christmas programs and Christmas parties and a Christmas recital!  I like all of these events, but I did not enjoy having them all in the same week.  But we survived.  Now we another crazy week is about to start, but I don't think it is going to be quite so hectic.

First up, Audrey and Isla's Christmas program at church last Sunday.  Audrey was counting down the days until it was time for her to be on stage.  Our little drama queen is finally warming up to the spotlight...oh dear!  Isla, on the other hand, would not even go on the stage.  I am one of her teachers, so I was helping the kids get on stage.  If I wouldn't have been there, I think Isla would have gone on stage.  But with me there to cling to, she wouldn't do it, and I didn't want to force her and make a scene.  So, Isla just sat in the front row with me.

Here is the whole preschool group at the church program.

And a few close ups of Audrey.


On Monday night, it was time for Audrey's school program.  It is a madhouse at this program.  Way too many parents and family members in a space that is not big enough to hold them all.  The stage is not elevated much, so it is nearly impossible to see...especially with all the eager parents standing in front of you trying to take pictures of their kids.

This year, Audrey was a donkey.  She knew all of her class' songs perfectly, as well as all the other class' songs, and she was constantly singing them for anyone who would listen.  She was ready for her big night on stage, and she took it very seriously!



On Tuesday night, I had my Christmas piano recital with my piano students.  It was crazy and I didn't even take a single picture!  But it was a great recital, and my students did such a good job!  I was a very proud teacher.




0 comments:

Post a Comment