Sunday, August 17, 2014

Twas the Night Before Kindergarten

Audrey starts kindergarten tomorrow!  It's so hard to believe that she is big enough to go to school and spend a whole day by herself away from us, and then to do that again every day for the next school year!  And then for 12 years after that!

I think both Audrey and I have mixed feelings.  We are both excited.  We are both a little nervous.  Audrey has been especially clingy this weekend.  She has probably given me 500 hugs and told me she loves me over and over again.

We are excited because Audrey's teacher is one of our friends from our small group.  She has a few friends in her class that she already knows, so it is not completely a brand new world for her.  I think having familiar faces around will help her out a lot.

Today we went to her school for the Meet the Teacher event.  They had this cute sign to take a picture with all of us when we first walked into the school. (Isla is still boycotting all posed pictures!)

There are 27 kids in Audrey's class!  That is a lot of kindergartners in one small space.  I have the utmost respect for kindergarten teachers!  I could never do it.  Here's a glimpse of her room during the open house this afternoon.  I can't even imagine what it will be like tomorrow morning with 27 excited kids in there!  Good thing we already know that her teacher is amazing and able to handle all of them with ease.

This is Audrey's chair and table where she will sit!

Tonight our small group got together for some ice cream at Dairy Queen.  All the kids were lined up here, waving and saying hi to all the cars in the drive thru.  I'm sure they loved it!

How many kids can say that they got to eat ice cream with their teacher on the night before kindergarten??  Cael had Mrs. Guikema for kindergarten last year, and this year Joel and Audrey will be in her class.

Now it is time for bed.  Tomorrow morning will be here soon!




0 comments:

Post a Comment