Sunday, February 8, 2009

February 8...Day 13

Red Week: My friends Kellie and Amy are also doing daily picture blogs, and we all decided that in honor of Valentine's Day this is going to be Red Week. We're going to try to take pictures of something red each day. With that said, my picture today is not exclusively red, but there are some red items in it.
So today I decided to be a bargain grocery shopper. Here are some of the groceries I bought (I tried to focus on the items that had red in them). I bought the Sunday paper, clipped coupons and studied the weekly ads to find the best deals. I ended up going to 2 grocery stores, County Market and Meijer, to take advantage of the best sales on things I needed to buy.
I'm trying a new method of grocery shopping. I used to pride myself on only buying exactly what we needed each week, so that by the end of the week our fridge and freezer were completely bare. I'm now trying to do a better job of stocking up on items that are on sale, even if I don't need them that specific week.
So, today I didn't feel like I got any super fantastic deals, but between buying items on sale and using coupons, I saved about $24. I only used a fraction of the coupons I clipped; the rest I am saving for a time when those items are on sale. That's the best time to use the coupons because it's like getting a double deal. It took me about 3 hours from the time I started going through the ads to the time I got everything put away back home. Worth it? I think it will be after a while...eventually I should have a well stocked kitchen and won't have to buy as many things each week. We'll see how well I keep it up though.




0 comments:

Post a Comment