Tuesday, January 27, 2009

January 27...Day 1!

Well, my friend Amy started doing a photo a day blog, and after thinking about it, I thought I might try it as well. I am no photographer. I just got a new camera and want to learn how to use it...so I thought this might be a good challenge. The idea is that I will post a new photo every day, ideally taking the photo the same day I post it. Just typing that, I am realizing what a big challenge this will be. Especially in the winter, we don't leave the house much, so I'm going to have to get creative with my photos...and that's something I'm not very good at! I am not going to give up on my other blog (http://www.lifewiththesheltons.blogspot.com/) While I am sure a few pictures of Audrey will make their way into this photo blog, most of her pictures will remain on the other blog for friends and family to see.





So here is photo #1 and a brief explanation:

Recently one of my friends told me they were going to read 100 books this year. Another friend was going to try to read a book a week. And that made me want to set a reading goal for the year. I used to read a ton. But since Audrey has been born (3 months ago!), I have only finished 1 book. That is so sad. I think 100 is way too many for me this year, and a book a week is also too ambitious at this point. Instead, I thought I might make a goal of 40 books, and I'd start with the books I already have in my house. So today, Audrey and I went on a trip around the house collecting all the books that I own and have not read. We found 41...so that makes it easy. These books will be the books I am going to try to read this year...wish me luck!! I better get started now, because I have wasted half of nap time just setting up this blog.




1 comments:

sethmo said...

I like it. Waiting for todays picture ...

Post a Comment